Re: [IRCA] DEGEN DE1103 or KAITO 1103

At 06:58 AM 11/23/2008, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>    I want to know if someone has tested this radio for MW DX as it's known to be selective and sensitive and what's your impressions.
>
>Luc Fontaine
>VE2FXL

Luc, I have a couple (having acquired another in a trade).  I've owned 3, and gave one to a good friend in Ukraine.  I used it for DXing (SW and MW) in the Amazon, the Galapagos, and in Europe and was very pleased with the radio.  I have heard some quality control issues, but personally have never run into any problems with mine.  It's a very pretty radio, and the packaging is excellent with everything you need to get going, including a cloth case, earbuds, rechargeable NiMH batteries, and a random wire antenna.  Subsequently there have been a number of excellent MW ULR receivers that have come along and may very well be as good or better....the Eton e100 comes to mind (have one of those too....it's much smaller and flimsier in appearance, but also an excellent performer).  If you want the Kaito, I might just have an extra to part with......Walt.