[IRCA] Russia 234

At 03:15 11/21/2008, you wrote:

>--
>Good Evening,
>
>Does anyone know if the Japanese NHK stations antennas are
>non directional?
>
>Why would Radio Rossii on 234 kHz have a better signal at 0630 utc
>than latter in the morning?  Last night 234 had a nice signal, but
>heard very seldom latter most mornings.

My first thought was that it is a more northerly path to us than the other Asiatic LWBCers, Dennis, and was trying to think how that would influence things.

But the PAL says it signs off at 1400UT which would definitely make it difficult to hear around our sunrise right now.   I noticed you heard it weakly this morning before 1400UT,  so perhaps that's part of the explanation.

Nick