Re: [IRCA] NHK non directional?

At 10:52 PM 11/20/2008, you wrote:
>Dennis,
>
>According to one DXer who lives near Kobe, the overall noise level is so
>high in Japan that the NHK needs the high power to cover Japan. I
>believe the WRTH does list stations with "d"  to say if they are
>directional as I remember. Some of the commercial stations I have QSL'd
>are directional per the verie. The next time you are out here, remind
>me, and I can show you some. I have 114 JJ QSLs. Many commercial QSLs.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager

I suppose that's true in Tokyo.  Even there, though, 810 AFN came in just fine, and in Kyoto....I found it very quiet electrically staying in a Japanese style hotel downtown.  So, I suppose it's entirely dependent on location.......Walt.
PS:  Nick has been in Japan several times, and for longer periods of time.  He might have a comment or two.