Re: [IRCA] QSL # 3,000-KFBX 970 => QSLing

Re: [IRCA] QSL # 3,000-KFBX 970 => QSLing

          Thanks for the valuable information. I'll see about putting it to good use sometime in the near future. Now...if I could only hear something new ...oh well...I guess I could always request one from a station I've already heard.Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!> From: martinfoltz@xxxxxxx> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:11:56 -0800> Subject: Re: [IRCA] QSL # 3,000-KFBX 970 => QSLing> > Bert and anyone else,> > There are probably several references to QSLing including the one written by> the late Ernie Cooper that's on the IRCA website. It all comes down to a few> things.> > 1. Be polite, send professional looking reports and return postage or SASE> 2. Find the right person at the station. Look at past club bulletins, the> QIP website, and the DXmidAmerica website> 3. Find out what stations send for QSLs. A few still have cards, some send> letters and some will only return a prepared card.> 4. Find their website for any information and comment on that in your> report.> 5. I send the mini-CDs with many reports. They fit in a legal envelope.> Extract their ID into a separate file so that they can find it easily.> 6. Make comment on their programming. If they normally carry national>!
  programs, try to report when they have local programming.> 7. Be prepared to send follow up reports or emails. From experience, make> your first email count as a second one doesn't happen that often> 8. If you need a prepared card, make it professional looking. I use typed> postcards and have a large collection from many cities. Sometimes I grab> their logo off their website and print one on card stock. Some people make> form letters.> 9. Have patience and persistence, you won't get instant results but> consistent reports going out will increase your veries over time.> > You're on your own on Amateurs. I only have a couple 10 meter beacons. Send> SASEs or find out if they use eQSLs. Find them on QRZ.com or Google them for> an email address.> > Martin Foltz> > >> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:27:51 -0500>> From: Ira Elbert New, III>> Subject: Re: [IRCA] QSL # 3,000-KFBX 970>>>> Congratulations! May you get another 3,000. February '65, eh? I was two> months old then....December !
 8, 1964.I wish I would take the time and trouble> to> send away for QS
L Cards. Any words of wisdom or inspiration? I also> have trouble getting QSL Cards from some in the Amateur Radio world!Ira> Elbert>> New, IIIWatkinsville, GeorgiaProudly Serving You Since 1964!> > > _______________________________________________> IRCA mailing list> IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/irca> > Opinions expressed in messages on this mailing list are those of the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers> > For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org> > To Post a message: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>