Re: [IRCA] Sony voice recorder

I've had very good results with a Sony ICD-SX57  digital voice recorder.
It's a high quality stereo unit that can record  directly from Ultralights
with no hash, as long as there is separation of at least 6 inches. All of my
direct recordings posted on the Ultralightdx  Yahoo site were made with this
recorder, then re-recorded on an Edirol R09 for  the actual mp3's.  However,
the ICD-SX57 has the capability to upload WAV files directly to a computer, if
desired.

Be aware that Olympus and Tascam have introduced pocketable solid state memory recorders in the past year. Both have built-in stereo mikes and a real line input jack. Both are a little larger than the typical voice recorder and for me that would be an advantage. The Olympus even has a small speaker.
They are more aimed at music recording and are about $400...

See http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1350
and
http://www.tascam.com/products/dr-1;9,12,3594,16.html