[IRCA] THEY ARE BACK! TPs for Oct 14 from Orcas

[IRCA] THEY ARE BACK! TPs for Oct 14 from Orcas

Sorry that Gary did not do better this AM. Things were clearly back to normal here. I checked first at 1227, 2 hours before dawn here and things were doing very nicely. At dawn enhancement, the lower half of the dial was FULL of audio.... the only channels without at least a 6 level were 549, 603, 648, 657, 711, 792, 801, 846, 864, 882, 927, 954, 981, 999 and virtually all of those had healthy hets. So, on 1053 and below I had 40 audios (!) On 1062 and above, it was much more open, but I still had 15 more channels in audio.

I also had the Level Island beacon on 529 doing quite well.... that is fairly near Walt in the Queen Charlottes, so maybe things had recovered for him, too.... at least there is a chance. There was no particular area favored this morning, with Japan, the Koreas and China all doing well... surprisingly, China was better than I's expect after a storm.... 639 was CNR1//945 and 1377, 675 was Heilongjiang, not Vietnam and 918, CNR2 had at least three transmitters putting out some very stylish echo sound effects! 1116 was definitely East Asian, not DU, I think that it was one of the commercial JJs.

Well, its really nice to have them back, even when there was nothing realy out of the ordinary!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array SE/NW
Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest