[IRCA] Google Earth markup file for AM BCB

[IRCA] Google Earth markup file for AM BCB

I been working recently on trying to put FCC AM broadcast station
information onto Google Earth.  I think I finally did it.  Hopefully there
are no more bugs.   If you find any please tell me or any other suggestions,
for example I recently fixed an error causing the call signs displayed to
not be current.  It took a while to get everything right since the FCC CDBS
database is a bit of a pain to understand and the FCC regulations are a
tough read - ie. what is the difference between theoretical, standard,
augmented?  Why RMS? Or is 300 mV/m/km really the field strength for a
quarter wave monopole?  I'm still not sure about the last one.

That said, I believe you will like what I put together.  I tried to make
it's list view in Google Earth useful for dxers by putting each broadcast
station on the same frequency into the same folder.  The result is a huge
file however: 76 MB.  The KMZ file includes a place mark and description in
Google Earth for every AM station from the FCC's CDBS database, and whether
it is in daytime or nighttime or critical hour operation, for every hour of
the day of each month: 24 * 12 folders.  Note, checking an entire folder for
say 00 UTC on January will cause Google Earth to display about 5000 place
marks, causing it to freeze for about a minute.

Download from here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/153634806/ambcb.kmz.html

George
KC2SCI