Re: [IRCA] KYES TV Anchorage AK OT

I just heard watching the Anchorage news that TV station KYES Anchorage
has filed for Chapter 11. The reason, is they only get 12 hours a day of
Network programming and they have to buy the othe 12 hours and cannot
afford it. They will stay on the air, but are looking at a bailout.
So our economy is even affecting broadcasting.

That really isn't a problem. Why not use the 12 hours of network programing and then sign off the air at midnight like TV did in the old days. You don't need Television 24/7.
In fact outside of the Dallas Cowboys and TVDX, you don't need TV at all.

Use to do outside sales for KOSA-7, a CBS affiliate in Odessa, TX. We signed of at midnight and came back on at 0700. Why not??

Willis
Old Fort, TN