[IRCA] TP for 7Oct08 from Victoria: WOW!

[IRCA] TP for 7Oct08 from Victoria: WOW!

Just read Gary's comments, and I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.  How the heck does John figure out when to go to Grayland, on a morning like this....easily the best I've heard so far this season except for one problem:   Didn't get up until 14:07 UTC (that baby yesterday morning must have caught up with me :-(    ).  New immediately that things were good when 1566, 774 and 612 were all booming in with Korea, Japan and Australia all there.  My star antenna performer this morning was my newest Conti corner fed loop aimed 244 degrees.  I erected it early this summer, and it's my tallest and widest antenna.  Man it sure worked well for the DU stations on today.  I had problems with it overloading from 1070 earlier in the summer, but this was all due to it's input being fed into a multicoupler which added amplification and hence the overloading.  I removed that from the mix and am using passive splitters instead, without amplification and now things are working just fine.  !
 Sure wish that I'd gotten up a bit earlier.  Also, if there's any further justification to owning the Perseus SDR on a morning like this, well there you go.  I'd absolutely love to have been at Grayland with my Perseus SDR downloading the entire spectrum for weeks and months of fun afterwards!  Here I go with the abbreviated results, with "6" unless otherwise noted.  By the way, SF 67  A 4 and K 0.....excellent indices although the TAs were a major disappointment here with little activity.

567   JJ at 7 level.
576:  DU at 7.5 level
594:  8 level JOAK with DU cochannel, which sounded // to 612.
612:  Brisbane at 9 level
621:  CC at 7 level
648:  Presumed Russian station at 7 level
666:  JJ at 8.5 level
675:  Vietnamese at 7 level
684:  either JJ or KK at 7 level
693:  9 level JOAB
702
738:  2NR at 9 level at 14:20
747:  9 level JOIB with Italian lessons
756
774:  9 level JOUB and DU station at 14:27
783, 792
801:  KTWG at 14:24 with religious music at 7 level
828:  8.5 level NHK2
864:  7 level
945
954:  7 level ?JJ
963:  CRI Russian at 7 level
972:  KK at 8 level
1017:  6 at 14:30
1107
1242:  JJ at 14:32 7 level
1287:  7 level JJ
1305, 1503
1557:  WYFR Taiwan at 14:37 at 7 level.
1566:  8 level HLAZ early, and still 7.5 at 14:38.

Quite an incredible morning.  Can't wait to hear from John in Grayland!  From a very windy morning in Victoria....Walt.