[IRCA] Good/Excellent Morning: TPs from Orcas, 29 Sept.

[IRCA] Good/Excellent Morning: TPs from Orcas, 29 Sept.

As Walt observed, it was an up and down morning, but VERY interesting. I checked 576 first at 1254 (fade out was 1430) and Mayak was walking tall with a solid 9. As soon as I turned on the recorder, it stated to drop, of course, but I held on for the Bells of Moscow and pips at 1300. Over the next 90 minutes, it seemed that just about everything was quite strong at one time or another, tho' the JJs were down some until becoming resurgent rather late.

Some of the more noteworthy:

666 kHz. Mixture of Osaka and the Russian (thanks, Walt)
675 kHz. Mixture of CC and Viet Nam for the first time this year
729 kHz. Probable Jiangxi RGD synchros at 1323
765 kHz. Two sigs.... N. Korea and an UNID CC (not Hohhot)
801 kHz. UNID CC around 1305
918 kHz. CNR2 at a solid 9... by far the best this year for me
1359 kHz. CNR1//1377. I've QSLed this from Grayland, but I think it is a newie here on Orcas

The star of the morning for me was at least 3 of the CNR1 Synchros totally dominating 540 kHz from tune in at 1345 until after 1400. I've been watching 540 closely here for several years, hoping for Aussie or JJ signals but have heard only CBK followed by a low power BC repeater of CBC... or just mush. Really happy with this one.

At some point during the morning, I had at least 6-level audio on almost every channel below 1200 and on about 1/3 to 1/2 of the ones above.

What FUN!!!

John B.