Re: [IRCA] Quantum Loop vs. Space Magnet II

Re: [IRCA] Quantum Loop vs. Space Magnet II

>  I do not yet have any observations on the current drain
> on a 9-V battery. However, the 12-V, D-C supply included
> with the Quantum Loop QX2 v2.0 merely adds one more oppor-
> tunity for RFI sensitivity.

Rather than use wall-wart 12v power supplies, I use a battery.  Went to
Radio Shack and bought a 12v 7ah sealed lead-acid battery normally used in
alarm systems and UPSs.  It will run my Palstar R30CC and DX Engineering
preamp for hours.  I recharge it using s simple 12 2 amp power supply after
I'm done.  So, if the charger makes RFI it does so when I'm not using it.

Wrap the TV box in tinfoil.  (grin)

Craig Healy
Providence, RI