[IRCA] Alberta TP's for 23 Sep 2008

I didn't get a chance to post this morning, but I can echo what others said, as it was certainly an excellent TP morning. I noted audio on 33 frequencies, a high water mark for this season, and I'm sure I missed some. North Korea on 819 was the best I've ever heard them, and South Korea was doing well on 1566, 972, and 711. The regular Japanese were doing very well, and it was nice to hear some less regular ones, like JORF on 1422, and a great signal on 531. Seemed to be Japan dominating on 1188 too. China was great on 1206 at times, though there weren't a lot of other Chinese coming in. I did hear 981 and 1017, but that was about it. Noted a couple of TP signals mixing on 1116, which could have been Chinese too. Russia on 648 was good, even very good at times, though it suffered from the infamous "top of the hour fade" at 1300. The TPs faded out for the most part by 1345, and I noted a few DU signals, though only 738 and 1116 had listenable audio.

I am noting a number of TA carriers tonight, but not as strong as they were last night, and no audio to this point.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta