Re: [IRCA] ULTRALIGHT Sunset DX Logging....ONE NEW ONE tonight.........

Re: [IRCA] ULTRALIGHT Sunset DX Logging....ONE NEW ONE tonight.........

Robert Ross wrote:

I was lucky to bag one new tonight though.....and this one had me puzzled at first....a West Virginia Station....carrying CINCINNATI REDS Baseball!!!

800   WVHU   Huntington, W.VA.  Sept/23/08  1935 EDT    EE         FR
In CKLW NULL. Highlites of the Reds/Marlins game. Several Multi Call ID's
(For the Red's Network??). ID as "On the Red's Radio Network". Cinci area Ads.
Spot for the Red's Community Fund. Show was called "The Inside Pitch".
Many IDs as the "Red's Radio Network". Huntington is the ONLY Station on
800 Khz with Red's baseball...and I was Beaming SE from here which is right
at West Virginia!.

The Reds have a pretty extensive network, and if you look at it on a map, the Huntington market isn't really all that far from Cincinnati - those Ohio River towns all have long historic commercial ties to Cincinnati, after all.

The dual station ID you were hearing was probably WVHU's own three-station simulcast - WIRO 1230 Ironton and WZZW 1600 Milton/Charleston are the rest of the mini-network.