Re: [IRCA] Orcas Island DX Loggings - September 19

Re: [IRCA] Orcas Island DX Loggings - September 19

Guy

Some nice catches.  576 China is especially interesting.

Your 621 logging might have been Pyongyang, which has the Foreign Service (V of Korea) in Japanese 0700-1300.

Bruce

Guy Atkins wrote:
Using the ability to "rewind the tape" on the entire MW band with the Perseus SDR, it took me 16 hours over two days to thoroughly review the files for the 0530-1500 UTC period of September 19. Whew! Having the luxury of going over and over even the weakest signals with possibilities meant that I was able to log many more stations than during "real time" DXing.

My logs from the 19th alone are below; full details plus a few audio clips and tips for using Perseus are in the newest post on my blog.

It was very much an Asian evening, with a handful of South Pacific stations included. I didn't as much as hear a whisper from DU stations, despite using JB's SW Conti Super Loop up until 1030 UTC.