[IRCA] Fabulous Morning: TPs Orcas Island: Sept 3

[IRCA] Fabulous Morning: TPs Orcas Island: Sept 3

Walter, I hope that you were listening this AM! I had 52 audios, with 22 of them at 7 or above. DXing from 1245 until 1340 UT, there really seemed to be no part of the band or geographic area that was favored... or maybe they all were. Signals were still up/down a bit more than I remember at mid-season and DUs were totally missing here, except for a probable on 612 late.

Things worth mentioning.... both JOLB, NHK2 and the Chinese KK Service were on 1017, JOAR, Nagoya dominated the Korean Jammer, most of the time, 1260 had JOIK Sendai clearly just beneath the NAm station. 1440 had JOWF over/under the locals and the 1269 JOWF//s were in. No sign of JOWL on 1197, tho.... and they are generally better than the parent on 1440. 1557 presumed Family Radio was in briefly. The star of the morning for me was CNR2 on 1593. I have both the CRI Foreign Service and Heilonjiang RGD verified on that frequency, but not CNR2 from much further south (Jiangsu Province.) Anyway, I caught something playing a bit of Asian pops at the end of the 1200 hour and then into CNR pips and ID at 1300 and then into news clearly parallel to 6065..... right pleased with that one. (darn it, another reception report to write :>)

Man, things are really good for this early in the season.

John B.