Re: [IRCA] 530 khz

--- On Fri, 8/8/08, Greg Dome <gregdome@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hear this station from my QTH in east Texas quite strong,
> but cannot
> understand the rapid fire Spanish by the female announcer.
> It is a very strong station mostly coming in after dark and
> plays easy
> listening instrumentals. and ID's every 15 minutes or
> so.  I simply
> cannot understand the rapid Spanish. I would appreciate any
> assistance.
> I can find no listings in the WRTH or any other sources for
> this
> station.  Mexico does not list anything as low as 530.  I
> am using a 80
> meter dipole running west and north in a "V"
> configuration
> at 30 feet into an Icom R75.  Assistance would be
> appreciate in ID 'ing
> this station.  Thanks,  Greg Dome, KE5LDO

This might be Radio Habana, Cuba or Radio Vision Cristiana from Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean. Both are widely heard over Eastern North America and also the Southwest. Perhaps you will be able to look out for either of these slogans as you listen.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id