Re: [IRCA] Engineers? Group Has an Idea: Move AMs to Channels 5 & 6

Re: [IRCA] Engineers? Group Has an Idea: Move AMs to Channels 5 & 6

Bill,

As one engineer told me tonight "Don't hold your breath". The NAB did
not want to deal with HD on a new band. That is why they OKed IBOC "In
Band On Channel". They fiqured people will not have the radios covering
a new band, so no stations would move without the people there to
listen. This is the same deal, stations moving to an 80 MHZ band without
any radios out there and do you  think the public will embrace this?
They would do the same thing they are doing right now with IBOC. They
don't care and are not listening. So few stations, if any would be
interested in moving. It is a great idea and I would hope this would
happen. Boy, do I ever! But I don't see this going anywhere. At least
not now.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin