[IRCA] TPs From Orcas, July 31: Exciting

[IRCA] TPs From Orcas, July 31: Exciting

Conditions were dramatically better this morning, with an unusually strong showing from both DU and the JJ powerhouses. Most unusually, the normal early JJ peak about a half hour before sunrise was accompanied by strong signals from some of the DUs. Since usually, even at Grayland, either the DUs or the Asians are in, mostly by themselves, it was really neat to run up the dial hearing both at sometimes listenable levels. The JJs faded well before dawn and left a decent-but-not-great DU dawn.

Stars of the morning included 756 Auckland, 675 Christchurch, 963 Christchurch and 765.... The latter was hitting 8 on brief peaks at dawn and was clearly NOT EE. I've never heard Maori before and I think that was what it was, but it did sound somewhat less melodic than the Hawaiian and Tahitian that I've heard quite a bit. The Aussies were in, but seemed to be less vigorous than the Kiwi's. There were also several unusual frequencies, unfortunately only at 6 level.

The level was 6: Threshold audio, unless otherwise noted, LSR 1245

531
567
576
585 (7RN, Hobart?)
612 was at 6 all morning with 7 peaks at dawn
621 (Melbourne?)
639
666 @1220 JJ?
675 7 at times, 8 peak at dawn
702 up to 7 at dawn
738 7 carrier, 5+audio
747 //774 //828 747 and 774 at 8s @ 1220, 828 @ 6+
756 8 on numerous peaks
765 7s and 8s in brief multiple peaks near dawn not EE
774 8 EE lessons @ 1220
828 JJ but really a 5+
846 Brief DU EE 2RN Canberra? Unusual here on Orcas
855 DU EE 4QR??
891
936 7ZR?
945 Late NewsTalk ZB Gisborne?
954 Early, during JJ period would be first JOKR, Tokyo of season, but just couldn't tell
963 Southern Star, Christchurch hitting near 9s throughout morning
1008 DU @6
1116
1512
1566 peaks @ 7 after 1230 pattern change

It would have been a fine morning on the coast!

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest