Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Baseball and MW DXing

Peter Jernakoff wrote:
Hopefully not too off topic.

I'm presently reading 'Faithful: Two Diehard Boston Red Sox Fans Chronicle
the Historic 2004 Season' by Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King. On page 45 of
said book, there is the following paragraph:

'On the Mass Pike, we pass a car with a bumper sticker that says JOB WAS
THE FIRST RED SOX FAN, and it's early enough in the year that it's still
funny. We tune into the PawSox playing Buffalo and catch the final of the
Yankees game: White Sox 9, Yankees 3. It's the Buffalo station we're
pulling in , and as we head west into the night and traffic thins, the
signal grows stronger. The PawSox are leading 5-4, and mile after mile we
get to catch up with Kevin Youkilis.'

Perhaps I need a life, but I still derive great enjoyment from driving on
the interstates on hot, lazy summer nights listening to out-of-town ball
games....

That would have been WWKB 1520, which was the flagship for the Buffalo Bisons that season. It's again the Bisons flagship this year, mostly so Entercom can keep the games away from locally-owned WECK 1230, which is trying to compete in the news-talk arena with Entercom's WBEN 930.

The PawSox, for their part (and that would be the Pawtucket Red Sox, top farm team for the BoSox) were on WSKO 790 Providence that year. They're on WHJJ 920 this year, I do believe.

Great book, BTW.