Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Antenna question

Peter Jernakoff wrote:
A few days ago, I was watching a WKRP episode on WGN. While the show's
opening credits are rolling and the jingle is being sung, there is a brief
shot of what looks to be a huge radio (or TV?) tower. My curiosity has
gotten the better of me: does anyone (like Scott Fybush) know whose tower
that is (or was)? Just wondering....

I tracked it down about five years ago...the tower in question really was in Cincinnati - it was the WLWT (Channel 5) tower, one of several self-supporting towers that dot the ridge just north of downtown Cincy.

That WLWT tower came down recently, replaced with a newer, taller tower just adjacent.

There's a picture here:

http://www.fybush.com/site-030130.html