[IRCA] SW EWE update

Greetings,

I have been adjusting the length on the two legs of the NW EWE to get
them as close as I can to exactly the same height. Well, I got them at
23 feet, so the NW EWE is 23X60X23.  I then went and checked the SW EWE
as it looked like the vertical section to the NE was taller. It was  by
30 inches!!. Since I lost the top of the tree behind the house from an
earlier storm some years ago, I had moved the wire to a lower branch.
well, the highest limb on the tree. However, finding it was 30 inches
shorter than the other vertical section, I put up a piece of 3/4 inch
PVC pipe and nailed it to te top of the tree, giving me the extra 30
inches. The EWE is now 24X100X24.  The gain went up a bit. KSWB 840
Seaside, 8.5 miles South jumped from S9+38 to S9+41. The stations down
the coast like KNPT 1310 Newport, KORC 820 Waldport and KCST 1250
Florence all increased in signal. Then at LSS, before dark I was already
getting the 738 Tahiti het. It is now nearly 0600 UTC and I have weak
audio in the KCBS 740 splash. A couple negatives, more signal from CA
stations and more IBOC hash from CA stations. So there is good and bad.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager