Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 19:11:25 +0100 (BST)
From: BARRY DAVIES <barry.davies25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] EWE antenna questions (Ferrite rings)
	<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Dave
  Here is the kind of store we get them in the UK.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29788&criteria=ferrite%20ri
ng&doy=7m7
  Barry

"HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS" <DAVID.HASCALL@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi;

I have been reading lots about the construction of EWE antennas over the
past few days. I understand the need for a good ground, terminating
(variable) resistors and so on. What I'm less clear about is the
ferrite ring / balun / transformer. Where can you get these at? Does
anyone have part numbers or links to online stores? When ordering
stuff, I'm always leery of minimum orders and being on a tight budget
often stifles stuff like that.

Also what wire would work best? My one DX radio (a 20 year old RS
DX-400) has a two (screw) terminal antenna input. That worked well with
my old loop. How can I feed that with the EWE?

Thanks and 73,
Dave in Indy