[IRCA] TPs on Orcas Island: June 5

I got up an hour before dawn to test Guy Atkins' Perseus vs. my WinRadio 313e and was too busy with that to keep a log of the hets... There were a lot below 900 and very little above. I only had three in audio, all at threshold level or just above: 891 @ 1156, clearly DU EE; 675 threshold at 1208 and 612 threshold at 1217 (dawn). All on the DU antenna.

The quick version of the comparison of the two radios... the 313e hears very weak signals better than Perseus, but is basically useless as an RF recorder. Perseus is quite demanding of computing power, but sure is nice as an RF recorder/time machine. Both are so agile, zooming around the dial, it is just beyond belief.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest