From: mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx (Patrick Martin)
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re:  KDUN 1030
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 18:56:31 -0700

Paul,

Maybe with the high power bill will be  good to make the move to FM.
According to an earlier GM there, they need the 50 clams to get over the
powerline noise to sell in nearby Coos Bay & Florence. Boy, the
powerline noise must be horrible there to knock out 5-10 KW at 20-25
miles away and the need for 50 KW. Probably wth the modulation and other
power useage, they are taking 100 KW an hour. Ouch! That bites the $$$
bigtime especially in a town to less than 5,000. To sell ads for $10-$20
a pop at best, you have to sell a lot of ads to pay that power bill and
to top it off, there is a lot of FM traffic in the area.  It is going to
be a toughie. Maybe the new owners should look at the power company to
clean up the noise and then they could run 5 KW, like the old KRAF on
1470 (5 KW day).

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin