[IRCA] DX 4/22 DX Double R 1017

Greetings everyone,

This week I am down with a nasty head cold, fever, the whole gambit, but
because of the cold, I woke up around 1215 UTC. I thought I would giuve
the dial a shot. This is the first time I have really checked out the
EWE since raising it. Wow! First at 1230 I found 2PM 530 (presumed)
armchair copy at S9+10. the usual back to back pops, few anmts. 4QL 540
was pretty decent. I messed around until 1250 with a lot of activity on
many channels and landed on 1017, to find another armchair copy of "DX
Double R" Davao City booming in at S9. Running usual Lottery or on air
Bingo nd giving away big prizes in Filipino Pesos. I had no trouble
listening to DXRR in the 6 khz filter between 1010 and 1020. At one
point when DX Double R would fade, I could hear a second filipino.
Great stuff, especially so late in the year. Unneeded, but great to hear
again. China on 981 was good too, along with 1206. JOQR 1134 armchair
copy, but not above 1200. Even HLAZ 1566 did not have much signal.
Nothing new logged, but it was quite a surprise considering how late it
is.

Drake R8
SW EWE

Patrick Martin