[IRCA] Yahoo!Group

--- On Sun, 4/20/08, Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I never bothered to unsubscribe from the old irca
> yahoogroup, so I check it occasionally. It`s still
> funxional, but filling up with spam. How sad. Perhaps the
> owner of record (Lynn?) could clean out the spam, preserve
> the on-topic archives dealing with DX, and prevent spammers
> from subscribing?

I am replying to this in the group in hopes of clearing this up. The whole reason that [IRCA] moved from Yahoo!Groups was that there IS NO owner of record! Back in 2001, because of a foul-up with my ISP, Yahoo!Groups disabled my ID and wouldn't use my yahoo.com address as a backup - I don't know if this is still their policy - but at the time, if a primary address was bouncing and the secondary address was a yahoo.com address, the account was disabled, period. I contacted Yahoo! every way I could, but all I ever received was an automated response; [IRCA] was dead in the water for all practical purposes, since there was no way to approve memberships or moderate, so we moved to topica.com, and then when they started the cigarette ads, thanks to Risto, we moved here.

I'd love to clean up the SPAM. But I have no authority to do so. And as long as spammers find a way to post, they will. I wish Yahoo would just archive the group and delete it, but they don't recognize me as anyone who has any say on that.

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA
Check out the IRCA web site at http://www.ircaonline.org