Re: [IRCA] Bird Radio.....plus Whale Radio....plus TA carrier

At 02:35 4/12/2008, you wrote:
>Not a big deal out here in the West. There was an FM in the Vancouver
>BC area which used to broadcast the sounds of whales. Maybe it still
>does.

I promise I'll submit some MW DX in a moment....but in the meantime, I'll join the rest of the list in OT land

Were you thinking of ORCA-FM Pete?    If so, that's a small transmitter up in Johnstone Strait north of Campbell River on Vancouver Island.   It's hooked up to a hydrophone in the water there, and in the summer months you can hear the killer whales calling as they (partly) dispose of the salmon runs.   I had the pleasure of working on the back deck of a small ship passing through there, the sun shining, the ICF-2010 tuned to 88.5, and the whales providing background music.    Right up there with walking along Oregon beaches.

For the birdsong....my wife reminds me that birdsong was on one of the audio channels in a Sapporo hotel room a year ago...but don't think that was radio, so that's really OT.

For radio.....at 0445UT, 1215 is putting a good level carrier in here, but haven't dug any audio out yet.

best wishes,

Nick