Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Friday

More OTOT, forgive me. Mike Ratzlaff, I hadn't heard a thing about the Swingle Singers in years and years and years. I put them at about 1955 when I was at KCOV-1240 in Corvallis, Oregon, but did a Google Search to be sure ... and found that their Bach-work didn't begin until 1962, when I was at KPDN-1340 in Pampa, Texas. I played their material with great joy. But reading their Website, I was reminded of why I took 'em back to '55. Four of the Swingle Singers had been part of Blossom Dearie's "Blue Stars of Paris," whose material I had played in Corvallis. Loved the jazz harmonies of both groups.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon