Re: [IRCA] Good SSS DX to the west tonite.

Re: [IRCA] Good SSS DX to the west tonite.

KAZ,

You do fantastic with those BOGs. I wish I had the room for them here,
but too many people and too easy to trip over the wires. Plus your
ground conductivity in the Midwest is much better than here. I have
noticed since I removed the termination on the beverage, the directivity
is better on some frequencies now. I may try a pot at the end and see if
terminating with some resistance may work better now. In the old days,
connecting the end directly to the old Radio Shack rods was good, but
with the advent of having 4 five foot copper pipes in the ground, I
think the ground it much better, so maybe the resistance at the end may
work better now.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin