[IRCA] Good SSS DX to the west tonite.

Spent a couple hours working on various BOGs today and although I wasn't pleased with termination nulls on my West ones, things are just fine when I phase them to null eastern pests. Times CDT.

Got outside to the DX truck at 2126 and over to 1180 and my settings had WHAM phased and there was really strong NOS mx, Tony Bennett and two min later IDed as KOFI (normally oldies, but perhaps a different pgm for Sunday) This guy gets out really well on 50 KW day rig and can go lots further east than here for those with phasers to knock out WHAM. KOFI is an indicator station for me. If they are blasting I know to stick around and shoot for WA/ID/OR and if they are in really early (sometimes an hour early) I try for needed MT area stations. I had wondered if the NOS mx was semi local WSQR missbehaving but I have not heard them do so on 1180 (or 1560 for that matter IIRC).

With KOFI blasting I try for nearby (location and dial position) KVNI 1080. 10 kw and a bit further away and at what I think is the threshold for 1 hop skip over land (no blockage here) they are tough DX compared to KOFI. Anyhow..2129 what sd/lk and oldie mixed with a C&W stn once I got semi-local WNWI crushed by phasing (back endish) ..2130 a KVNI ID just audible..then another oldie and a bit late switch at 2133. I kept checking 1080 hoping Portland would show up (not needed) but no luck as KRLD was in occ and that C&W (maybe KNDK's 45 watts as is often noted on good nights).

OK now...time to try for my eastern WA trio on 700/840/870. 2136-8 couldn't get a complete kill on WLW (groundwave and skywave and only a mediocre termination) but mixed in was the usual endless stream of ESPN Radio ID's and national ads..so obviously KXLX (gone after 2145 switch). Over to 840 and some phaser tweaking to knock down WHAS and USB and 4KHz filter to try to get past KOA's horrid IBOC on 836a..anyhow bits of other talk but no chance to copy..so over to 870 and OMG !! Talk mixed with BKB and car radio had WWL's BKB almost alone. Break in talk and NewsTalk 870 slogan at 2143 and switch from KFLD at 2144 and didn't need phasing to hear it ! About the best ever from KFLD.

Over to 1000 and phase local WMVP to hear KOMO's newscaster.then..2151 "Money Minute" and then an ID and soon up really clear. Nothing from OR on 1190 (CFSL owns) or 1080 KRLD weak= weak C&W) or 860..could tell what was mixed w/KWPC with CJBC crushed by phasing.

73 and good DX .. KAZ ..Barrington IL Phased BOGs at 273 deg 425 ft // 600 ft