Re: [IRCA] Pattern change times

> > With the last license renewal, the change to night pattern in June
changed
> > from 8:30pm to 8:15pm EDT.  The 8:30pm time was consistent across all my
> > local clients.  Has anyone else noticed a change in night pattern switch
> > times?  The legal department of WDDZ reported that it's probably a
computer
> > generated time assigned automatically, and may be considered to correct
> > previous errors.
> >
> > I wonder what effects this would have for various stations across the US
if
> > this is really a change in procedure?
>
> My trusty sunset map for June shows 8:15 pm for SE Mass and Southern RI,
8:30
> for the rest of MA and Northern RI.    The dividing line between 8:15 and
> 8:30 looks like it goes right through Pawtucket.  I think WDDZ lawyers are
> right - the FCC is correcting previous errors.

The transmitter site is north of Pawtucket.  If the line goes through that
city, then 8:30pm should have been retained.  Interesting!  I haven't
checked with the other local engineers to see if they likewise were bumped
back.

Also interesting that they would try to change something that's been in
place for many decades.  But, 15 minutes on a mid-summer's eve is no big
deal.  That was the only time that changed.

What will be interesting is that if someone merely receives the license and
files it away, it will go un-noticed.  None of the other people here picked
that up.

550 is in the process of implementing IBOC.  The antenna system isn't even
close to passing that signal at night, so it's daytime only.  That's 15
minutes less of the Bandwidth Blivet.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI