Re: [IRCA] Denied a QSL

I have never had that happen to me, quite that way. I did go to the old
KISN transmitter site once trying to get a QSL, but the armed guards ran
us off. Later on, I did get a QSL from the old CE. I have been turned
down for reasons the station doesn't have the time, but in cases like
that, i have been able to coax a ppc or an e mail QSL. There is always a
way. In this case, the CT station, I would just wait until the station
changes GM's and then try again. In time that QSL can be gotten. If
there is a will, there is a way. KDAC Ft. Bragg, CA;  the old owner for
many years did not like DXers and he made no bones about it saying so
and hanging up on them. I am going back 20-45 years ago. If you called
the station for a QSL, he would say no and hang up. The same was true
for the 900 West Covina, CA  station. However in both cases, the old
owners sold the stations and they both immediately became QSL friendly.
I got QSLs from both. I even stopped in to KDAC and Bob did an article
for RW back in the 90s. The CE typed me out a great QSL on letterhead.
Then when I returned home there was a second one from the new owner.
Since I do tape about everything I hear, that tape will last for years.
I can sit on a report for as long as it takes to get that QSL.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager