Re: [IRCA] An Idea!!(Was Re: Idaho Report complaints)

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think IRCA has any interest in (or budget for) paying
> moderators
> for this list, and I can't imagine the list of volunteers to do it
> under
> a "no postings to the list" restriction would be very long. Or are
> you
> volunteering your time?

Every list has some threads which appeal to some people and not to
others. Some may be on-topic and some may be off. I agree that the KOHI
thread was excessive, and even the recent KYIZ/KZIZ one may have been.
I didn't care about either, but I didn't complain because I have a
delete key.

What I really don't understand is those people who had complaints about
the potato thread, but didn't about the others. If this is just
on-topic purity at stake here, then yes, lightening up is in order.
This unfortunately happens to often here, and ultimately will drive
active and valued contributors away, just the same as flames or
over-moderation do on other lists.

I don't think the problem is selectiove moderation, but rather it's
selective complaining. It takes a lot less time and effort to hit the
delete key.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]