Re: [IRCA] GROUNDWAVE RANGE ON MEDIUMWAVE

Re: [IRCA] GROUNDWAVE RANGE ON MEDIUMWAVE

I noted, when I lived in the main lobe of WAGL 15600
Lancaster, SC, that even in the summer, during the
hottest dryest time at noon, there was always some
skywave component to the signal, with a slowly varying
signal, and some selective fades. At a bit more
distant, WBT 1110 Charlotte, NC showed NONE of this at
my location in West Columbia, SC.

One winter day when 1530 was WSAI and I had the day
off WSAI Cincinnati stayed in all day and wasn't very
strong but was steady as a rock and never a fade. I
called Paul Jellison the regional engineer and he
suggest I call in a request as that part of the day
was live. The on air guy was amazed, and I said if he
didn't belive me to ask Paul Jellison. He made a very
special request notation that I had heard him in South
Carolina!

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net