Re: [IRCA] Dead band conditions last night in Indiana. Au?

Re: [IRCA] Dead band conditions last night in Indiana. Au?

Marc;

Thanks for the input and clarification of how Au works.  I stand
corrected about the daytime Au conditions.  I must have misinterpreted
what I read.

I've only seen the band that dead once or twice in 25 years of off and
on MW DX.  I still wanted to put new batteries in my SRF-59, even after
I knew what was causing it.

When I think of Au, I think (from Indianapolis) of not being able to
hear Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, NYC and such and in turn I can hear
South American stations and low powered domestics from the deep South.
That is Au, right, just the Aurora in a different location or intensity?

73,
Dave in Indy

PS: I crossposted my reply to the AM DX list, too.

Message: 6