[IRCA] This morning's TP Logs

Everyone

I'm at Grayland with the family for a couple of days.  We're in a rental house this time, rather than the motel.  There's more room to spread out and this place actually has cellphone coverage, but the noise level is higher than at the motel   I brought along my R-75 and SDR-IQ, and put up a 300 foot mini-Beverage pointing northwest.

I managed to sleep through sunrise this morning, but the SDR-IQ dutifully recorded 705-895 kHz on my behalf.  Conditions were OK by Grayland standards.  Most of the good stuff was in at around 1330 UT, although JOUB-774 was heard before 1000 and hung around until 1600 signoff.

The highlights:

711 SOUTH KOREA, poor-fair in KIRO splat 1341 with Van Morrison's "Moondance" //756

720 Buzz from presumed N Korea mixing with KDWN 1359

729 Asian talk 1321, too much 730 splatter to ID language

738 TAIWAN, CC talk & pop tunes 1320, CC talk then pips & distinctive steel drum theme music 1400

747 JAPAN, JOIB strongest TP on the dial ending Korean lessons 1339, then woman w/anmt mentioing hoso & NHK, Chinese lessons 1340

756 SOUTH KOREA, good w/Korean talk, into Van Morrison "Moondance" 1341

774 JAPAN, JOUB, usually the strongest TP all morning 0955-1600.  Signal took a nosedive for a while around 1330, which oddly enough was when everybody else faded up.  Still there fair-poor at signoff 1600, ending theme music, 3+1 pips, ID by woman mostly buried in 770 splatter, then NA

792 SOUTH KOREA, woman talking 1359, distinctive musical notes & tone at ToH, then man w/news in Korean

828 JAPAN, JOBB good-poor //774 etc various times.  Barely audible at 1600 s/off w/pips & NA //774

837 CHINA, time signal 1300, then CNR1 theme music and anmt in Chinese

855  NORTH KOREA, 3+1 pips then strident talk in Korean 1300

864 Mish mosh of audio much of the morning but never anything ID'able

873 JAPAN, JOGB, talk //747 fair 1320

890 ALASKA, KBBI, 1359 ID & marine weather for Kachimek Bay & other places, NPR news 1401, fair-poor.  Also heard w/ID 1459.

891 THAILAND, 1326 Thai talk briefly surfaced

All of which makes me wonder what was going on elsewhere on the dial.  Judging from Dennis' logs this morning, the upper part of the dial was doing well, so it should have been a good morning out here on the coast.  Hopefully, I'll be able to drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning.

Bruce in Grayland