[IRCA] Breaking News: DOJ Okays Sirius-XM

-----Original Message-----
From: Radio World <RWNewsbytes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jki5384486@xxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:40 pm
Subject: Breaking News: DOJ Okays Sirius-XM

Breaking News

Brought to you by:
Radio World Newspaper
The Newspaper for Radio Managers and Engineers

DOJ Okays Sirius-XM

The Department of Justice has approved the XM-Sirius merger.

After more than a year of deliberation, and examining reams of documents, the DOJ said in its decision today it decided "the evidence does not demonstrate that the proposed merger of XM and Sirius is likely to substantially lessen competition, and that the transaction therefore is not likely to harm consumers."

The DOJ continued, "The division reached this conclusion because the evidence did not show that the merger would enable the parties to profitably increase prices to satellite radio customers for several reasons, including: a lack of competition between the parties in important segments even without the merger; the competitive alternative services available to consumers; technological change that is expected to make those alternatives increasingly attractive over time; and efficiencies likely to flow from the transaction that could benefit consumers."

The FCC has yet to release its decision.

SUBSCRIBE
To subscribe to our online newsletters, please visit our subscription page at:
http://www.radioworld.com/newsletter_subscribe.html.

UNSUBSCRIBE
This email was sent to: jki5384486@xxxxxxxx Please do not reply to this email unless you are unsubscribing. If you wish to unsubscribe, please reply to this message with the word "REMOVE" as the only word in the subject line. In order for our automated removal system to work, you must reply from the email address that this email was sent to. If you've made a request to be removed, and you're still receiving emails, please visit our website at http://radioworld.com and use our webmaster contact form to inform us of the problem. Please be sure to include the email that you originally used, plus your current email, if applicable.

Contents Copyright 2008 NewBay Media LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of NewBay Media LLC is prohibited.
NewBay Media LLC, Virginia Office 5285 Shawnee Rd., Suite 100, Alexandria, VA 22312-2334 USA