Re: [IRCA] What the AM BCB hobby needs (k4ape)

Re: [IRCA] What the AM BCB hobby needs (k4ape)

In responce to many thoughts that have been given in this thread----
Saul wrote-

Those are bloody high indices, and I've no idea what that intensity would do, if even possible. But everyone seems to complain when the indices climb, and my experience is there's often DX gems to be had when it does - at least within the realms of where I've seen in climb.

Think back to 2003. The largest blast out of the sun ever recored, it knocked out some of the satellites that observe the sun, recorded in September 2003 and the blast hit the earth causing total radio blackout. I could not hear the Chattanooga AM station from 25 miles away. The sky over Tennessee lit up in red, white and green colors and lasted for about 5 hours. The aurora was reported as far south as Mexico and Cuba. The A indice was close to 400.

True, it isn't likely to happen anytime soon, being that we are at the bottom of a cycle. But you never know what the might do.

Maybe the indices Willis mentions would create such noise that they'd radiate your teeth,
I would like to think it would so trong it would effect only IBOC transmitters!:))

In responce to Bjarne-
Why would that benefit the AM BCB hobby? Surely it would wipe out everything at my end.
I did not say anything about "benefits" to AM. I would just like to have some action in the sky and something to do outdoors. I am ready for summer and tired of being in the house all the time.

Willis