Re: [IRCA] Freedom and Fun Without a Ton

Re: [IRCA] Freedom and Fun Without a Ton

Gary hit the nail on the head.  Ultralights are very sensitive to RFI
from nearby external sources.  Have you guys ever DX'ed with an
ultralight and someone in the household uses a TV remote control?  The
noise emitted from that can be deafening!  Even from another room.  :)

I found an SRF-M70 at a Goodwill over the weekend.  Put batteries in it,
FM was okay but AM was completely dead, just a constant wooshing sound.
It's going back, along with a vintage JC Penney AM only superhet set.
Loud hum on AC and completely inoperable on batteries.  Big, old set but
unbelievably only uses 2 AA batts.

73,
Dave in Indy

Message: 1