Re: [IRCA] RECORDING SOFTWARE

> I haven't used Audacity particularly, but they mention under "effects"
> that it can "Change the pitch without altering the tempo, or vice-versa."  (
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features)
>
> This is free (open source), and is also available for Mac OS X, so may
> fill your needs, Pete.   I believe Colin Newell uses this program, so may
> have more to say about it.  It can also be used as a recorder.
>
> best wishes,
>
> Nick

Nick, you are spot-on about Audacity. I use it on Mac, Windows and Linux.
It's free, and it certainly does have the ability to slow down recorded
audio. It's replaced Cool Edit on my Windows machine as the primary software
for manipulating recorded files (although I agree with Russ that Total
Recorder is the best *recording* software).

Brett