[IRCA] another ultralight?

Kevin Kelly's cooltools site has this item on it:

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/002652.php

not sure if it qualifies as an ultralight or not, but the notion of a
headphone radio makes every walk a potential DXpedition

ef

 Peltor Digital WorkTunes Radio Earmuff Protective AM/FM headphones

[image: peltor-radio-muff-sm.jpg]

iPods are great except for those of us who are required to have hearing
protection at work. I'm a Highway Safety Consultant and still do
construction. This is the only radio earmuff I have found that has hearing
protection and digital tuning. Unlike standard noise-reducing headphones,
these provide actual hearing protection from loud noises (the noise
reduction rating is advertised as 26 dB). I have owned other radio earmuff
models but when you "bump" the channel selector you lose your station. Since
this one's digital, I can program the presets. Now I tune in, save my
favorite channels, and flip between them. So far I've been using mine at
work with a patch cord for the iPod, however, I am going to buy an FM
modulator for the iPod so I can go wireless.

-- Scott Newton

Peltor Digital WorkTunes Radio Earmuff
(WorkTunes 26)
$63