Re: [IRCA] Ultra-light file area hacked overnight

Re: [IRCA] Ultra-light file area hacked overnight

Hello All,

     Far be it for me to attempt assessment of the  adolescent motivation
behind the sabotage of the Ultralight File Download area  on dxer.ca, but I can
assure all concerned that uninterrupted access  to the related files is still
possible from the original authors, and  I personally will be eager to send
almost any ULR-related file upon request  to any individual, until Colin fully
restores the dxer.ca system.  The 2008  Shootout file, the testimonials of Rob
Ross and Allen Willie, various technical  documents and others are immediately
available from my computer, and probably  from those of the other ULR leaders.

     The Ultralight Radio files themselves  are increasingly popular not only
here in North America, but in other parts  of the world as well.. presumably
the reason for the childish prank attempting  to temporarily deny access to
this hobby-related material.  We should all  contemplate not only the enormous
benefit we derive from the usage of  Colin's outstanding web site, but also our
responsibility to maintain adequate  backup files for all critically
important Ultralight Radio documents.  The  access to these important files will not
be impeded by this, or any similar  prank.

            73  and Great Ultralight Radio DX to All,

            Gary  DeBock

48)