[IRCA] TIS testing on 1610

On 1610 noted with continuous tape ... call W[N]G97[5] (or WMG97[5 or 9 or maybe 1], Vehicle No. 1 ... mentions that station is authorized for, among other things, Travelers Information Service, then gives phone number to call to report any interference the station may be causing. The phone number (940) 898-5555 connects to FEMA, presumably at its Denton TX facility, but the gentlemen (two) who handled the call said they were not allowed to give out any information, even to clarify the call letters I could hear on their test tape if I were a little closer.

I'm not much interested in the TIS signals, but it'll disappoint me if FEMA QRMs XEUACH at night!!!

John Callarman, Krum TX