Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 problem

Hi Russ,

     This is Gary the reviewer, and I have  probably seen more SRF-59's than
anybody outside of Tokyo.  Out of twelve  units I've tested, only one had this
problem.... Kevin's ex-turkey unit (now  fully aligned and sensitive).  Of
course, alignment does not cure this  problem, and the unit still has the
scratchy sound when tuned.  There is no  cure I know of, except to replace the
tuning capacitor, which of course  would require a part from Sony that may cost
more than the radio itself.   My suggestion is that you take the radio back to
the place of purchase and get a  quick refund, rather than waiting for a repair
job.

     73,  Gary