[IRCA] Ode to an Ultralight Christmas! (read with alcohol)

[IRCA] Ode to an Ultralight Christmas! (read with alcohol)

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the shack
Not a SDR was booted, not even a hack;
The Wellbrooks were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Hall-Patch Nick soon would be there;

The dxers were nestled all snug in their beds,
With ear buds and cans attached to their heads;
With Walt Salmaniw in his cabin, and I in my flat,
We just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the deck there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the console to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a Ham,
Tore open the shutters and uttered "Gosh Darn!

The moon on the wire of the fresh laid BOG
Gave the blur of mid-day after a pint of my grog,
When, what to my wondering eyes should dwell,
But some miniature radios, and 2 tiny A-Cells,

Is this a software driver writer, so lively and quick,
I thought in a moment it must be Hall-Patch, the St. Nick.
More rapid than eagles his updates they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and downloaded them by name;

"Now, C-Plus! now, Borland! now, Unix and Posix!
On, Perl! on Oracle! on, Linux and Red-Hat!
To the top of the processor! to the top of the DIMM!
Now Boot up! and Boot-strap! and stabilize all!"

With the shack full of toys, and St. Hall Patch too.
And then, in a quick-fade, I heard on the rig
The hets of the TP's - enough for me and you.
As I drew in my hand, and was twisting the dial,
A brace of TA's hets soon caught my eye.

He was dressed all in plaid, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all grunge-area, Curt Cobain would be proud;
A bundle of little radios he had flung on the ground,
And he looked like a dealer just opening his pack.
The transistors were endless in this radio shack sack!

And much to my surprise, what was revealed...
Twas a new Saint De Bock, as his silicon mask away he peeled...
Who spoke of a new era of hand-held ideals.

No Software! No Updates! No PC's or Laptops
These wonders tune all the stations and run on peanuts
With one little battery and a wink of an eye
You will pull in the trans-oceanics, right out of the sky.

So throw down your twenty dollars and get on the net
Forget about your SDR's and 2000$ sets
There is really nothing to it, so why put up a fight...
Happy Christmas to all, and to all an Ultra-light!
--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator coffeecrew.com | dxer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing