Re: [IRCA] Email Formatting/Trimming

Russ Edmunds wrote:
> I don't believe any
> email I've ever used, which would include Outlook, Outlook Express,
> Lotus Notes, Verizon, and Gmail as well as those already mentioned,
> would allow customizing the format by addressee. That would have to be
> a more upscale or higher-tech software.

Even the freeware Thunderbird client allows you to do this, Kmail by
default is plain text unless you force it to HTML, Evolution will,
Outlook Express will (not that it's a great client, but everyone has
it), So will Outlook (also not great, but lots of folks have it.)

For Outlook:

Always Send in Plain Text to Certain Email Addresses in Outlook

To make sure Outlook always sends emails in plain text to certain addresses:

   * Select Go | Contacts from the menu in Outlook.
   * Locate and double-click the desired contact.
   * Now double-click the email address that can receive plain text only
in the top right section of the contact's General tab.
     o You may have to click the down button next to the E-mail field to
select an alternate address
   * Make sure Send Plain Text only is selected under Internet format:.
   * Click OK.
   * Close the contact's window.

---------

> I simply run plain text as a default, and almost never see any reason
> to use anything else.

Yes, me too :)

Rick Kunath