Re: [IRCA] IMAGES & THINGS & IBOC

WWDB 860 Philadelphia is not audible under the Baltimore
station here in Harrisburg Pennsylvania and the Baltimore
station isn't all that strong either.  However, the IBOC
noise from WWDB can easily be heard above and below 860.  I
mentioned this on another list and someone mentioned that he
had measured the strength of WWDB in their null and the IBOC
was ten DB stronger than the analog signal.  Probably a lot
of directional arrays have this problem.

A few years ago they spent a lot of time modifying the
antenna system but it must be far from being perfect.  They
also had to adapt the system to be used by WPEN at night.

Tom