Re: [IRCA] 1510 Unid from the Prairies(?)

On Monday 10 December 2007 19:22, Paul Crankshaw wrote:
> Following on from my post describing the good conditions into
> Scotland from the Prairies, I've one UNID.
>
> I heard this station at 1100 UTC on 1510 kHz
>
> Short recording ending in "15-10 K---"
> http://paulc.mediumwaveradio.org/audio/1510unid.mp3
>

> Longer recording ending at same point but containing a web address
> and toll free number which are:
>
>  cretecarrier.com 1-800-998-2221.  I've traced this company to
> Lincoln, Nebraska (the number seems to be for driver recruitment
> for the firm and you can see the number at
> http://cretecarrier.com/careers/contact_us.htm ). However KTTT is
> the only Nebraska station on 1510, and it's a daytimer. Nebraska
> seems to match the region I was hearing at the time.
>
> http://paulc.mediumwaveradio.org/audio/1510unid2.mp3
>
> I should warn you in advance that copying any of this is very
> difficult and requires repeated listening, but I'd be grateful for
> any suggestions

It doesn't sound at all like KTTT to me... sounds more like "KFEN" or
similar.  How about KFNN in AZ?  They have live streaming on their
website at http://www.kfnn.com/ so you could try listening to see how
typical IDs compare with what you heard.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON