[IRCA] West Coast to Maine (and such phenomenae)

[IRCA] West Coast to Maine (and such phenomenae)

Is it possible that the signal was somehow distorted
in its relatively lengthy route to your radios on the
west coast, and that the speed of the code seemed
different? The time of this test was possibly optimum
for the west coast. Every report I've seen of
DXpeditions on the northern east coast (NB, NF)
suggests receptions to western Canada and nw U.S. just
before local (east coast) sunrise. I had the same
experience in NFLD last month...1700 just before
sunrise, also 1050 and 1290 in MB... and Jim Renfrew
had a tentative 1000 in Seattle around the same time
frame. The DXers at Miscou have often had BC and AB
stations, like this. This phenomenon strikes me as
almost as interesting as pulling in Europe, Asia and
Africa, and also makes me wonder if the right antennae
- direction-wise etc - would make the coastal Canadian
maritimes ripe for logging trans-pacifics and down
under.

I hope to go again, and I hope to set up some
experimental wires.

http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/audio/wcxh-780-0450-24nov07.mp3