Re: [IRCA] DX Tip for WDXR

> 850    KICY AK, Nome, good at S9+ with old Gospel songs and an ID at
> 0001 EST 11/6 "This is KICY in Nome Alaska", by a little girl it sounded
> like,  then offer for Gospel musc cassettes or CDs and KICY PO Box
> given. More Gospel mx followed. Alone of frequency for a time. (PM-OR)

After Pat posted this I thought I would try for it using my new BOG. Back
last week I had put down this antenna aimed at Anchorage with the intention
of increasing my pitiful collection (6 in 31 years) of Alaskan loggings. As
in the past I was using my timer setup, on 2 minutes before the hour and off
3 minutes after from midnight to 09:00MST. Checking it this afternoon the
first 7 recordings were for KOA, sometimes with CKBA underneath.The
recording that started at 06:58 had religious type music and at 07.02 my
efforts were rewarded with a young lady saying  "I'm Rebecca and you're
listening to KICY Nome." The signal couldn't have been any better, perfectly
clear and alone on the channel. It was there again at 08:00, but under CKBA.

Thanks Pat for helping to make this possible. Only 30 more to go! I wish ;-)

Mike in St Isidore, AB with AOR 7030+, Quantum Phaser, EWE's of 110' & 125',
a 1000' E/W beverage and a 1000' BOG at 300 degrees